Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Poem, A Psalm, A Prayer

I want to be taught by the Rabbis
The ones who were taught by Moses

I want to learn from the Apostles
The ones who learned from Jesus

I want to be a pearl of great price
In the treasure house of the Lord Almighty.

Teach me the difference between persistence and presumption
Let my faith be always in Your goodness, affections focused on You
Walking in the light as He is in the light, guided by Your eye.

Thank you for the gift of your breath
Thank you for the gift of your blood

Thank you for the gift of your body
Thank you for your answered prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:59 PM

    That is one of the most beautiful prayer sentiments I've ever read, and as a seeker of spiritual truth along many lines for many years, I've encountered many.

    Thank you, Rusty....

    mistertsmith@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    So glad you enjoyed this. I wrote this after finishing Brad Young's _Jesus the Jewish Theologian_ I haven't posted here for quite sometime because I have been busy with school. I'll have to work on making time to hammer out some more.

    ReplyDelete