Friday, April 05, 2019

40 Day Fast from facebook - Week 3

Time Lost on fb is Time Gained Reading Dead Guys





One of the things I like to post on facebook is what I call "Dead Guy Quotes" I do this to help keep myself focused, because, time is short. No I am not talking about the rapture or anything like that. I mean I have lived longer than I expect to continue to live. For me time is literally short. So the time I spend reading I want to get the best bang for my buck. This means "read the dead guys" because the living have not out lasted them yet! The guys that wrote 100 years ago, 250 years ago, 500 years ago and are still getting published, you get the idea. Dems my homies. That said I will now share with you my faithful reader my dead guy quote for week 3 of my 40 day fast from facebook. Please feel free to "Like and Share" Papias of Hierapolis was a contemporary of Polycarp and the Apostle John, so he lived almost 2 millenniums ago.

Days will come in which vines will be grown, each having ten
thousand shoots, and on each shoot ten thousand branches, and on
each branch ten thousand twigs, and on each twig ten thousand
clusters, and on each cluster ten thousand grapes. And each grape,
having been pressed, will yield twenty-five measures of wine. And,
when anyone of these holy ones will apprehend a cluster, another
cluster will cry out, ‘I am a better cluster. Be taking me. Be blessing
the Lord through me.’

~Papias of Hierapolis~

The "holy ones" Papias is referring to are the believing Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment